Friday, July 16, 2010

This Thing is a Monster


With styling only it's Mother could love is the Munch TTS. We ran across this behemoth in the swap meet section of V.M.D. and were bowled over by this bike's gargantuan proportions. I'm not sure what year this one is, but it is a rare beast any way you cut it. With a production run of only two hundred fifty, and less than fifty made it to U.S. shores.
It was produced by a German gentleman named Friedl Munch starting 1966. The mill is a 1200cc NSU automotive transplant. By the time production stopped they were making about 104 horse power, the one pictured here put out around 88. They were known for being a motorcycle of high quality. They certainly stand out in a crowd. Every thing on this bike is BIG. It looks as if a retired diesel-electric locomotive designer may have been behind the look of this bodacious creation. The headlights look as if someone stole them off a '64 Impala. Not really my cup of tea, but interesting none the less.

Till Next Time.............

3 comments:

red said...

Have ever been to the Kierstings Cycle Musuem in North Judson Indiana? Lots of unique bikes, from old board track racers to rare import bikes. If I get my bike on the road maybe we can get Unk and some other people to head there for a visit.

Gymi said...

I haven't been there,I love that kinda stuff though. Sounds like a plan, count me in.

red said...

If you know anyone in your neck of the woods selling a running pre 77 750 SOHC engine, let me know. Having a tough time tracking one down. Budget calls for a temp replacement until I can afford the rebuild.

red450ATgmailDOTcom

Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...