Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rusty Fuel Tank?

Sgt. Carter and I just dropped a couple of tanks off for product testing with the fine folks at Metal Rescue. Scott met with us and explained the effectiveness of their product. He assured us that Metal Rescue did indeed work as advertised and we would be very satisfied with the end results. I found Metal Rescue through this ad that Scott placed on craigslist.


We are running tests on our product Metal Rescue and need donor tanks to use for our testing. Our product is a non-toxic, bio-degradable rust remover that wont harm the paint on the outside of your tank or the actual metal surface, Metal Rescue removes only the rust!. Must be willing to drop your fuel tank off at our facility in Howell and give us one week use of your tank. Any rust will work from light surface rust to the worst rust imaginable. Be aware that fuel tanks that have excessive rust may leak after they are treated with Metal Rescue simply because the rust has eaten through the metal. We won't be responsible for leaky tanks. Thanks!

Workshop Hero ™ - a division of ARMOR Protective Packaging®
951 Jones Street - P.O. Box 828
Howell, MI 48844
800-365-1117

Well after trying everything from Kreem to Electrolysis with mixed results, I was eager to try this product as I have heard good things about it. I gathered up a extra tank that I picked up off ebay for the XS. Sgt. Carter has a bit of rust in his 650 tank too, so he and I beat feet to Howell to drop our tanks with Scott and allow him to work his magic. I'm going to use this tank as a replacement for the tank that came with the 500. The original tank was treated with Kreem by it's previous owner and it is looking like the beginnings of a breakdown in the tank liner. I didn't want to go through the headache of cleaning and retreating the original, so Scott's offer came as quite a relief. He said the process should take a couple of hours and he would be able to get to our tanks either Thursday or Friday. I feel confident after Scott marinates our tanks in Metal Rescue, they will be as rust free as he claims they will. With the holiday weekend, he said we would be able to pick up our tanks early next week. I can barely wait to go back and see the results myself. More to come.

Till Next Time

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...