Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Oil on my driveway what to do

Those stubborn oil stains, you try scrubbing, rubbing and they are still there on your driveway or garage floor. Just a little reminder that you weren't as careful as you could have been when changing your oil. A little Dawn dish washing soap will change all that.

Just put a bit of dawn on the offending spot, let it sit for a few minutes and scrub with a stiff brush or your trusty old garage broom. Don't add water just yet, this will be the last step. After letting the dawn do it's thing for a few more minutes, it's time to get the garden hose involved. Turn the hose on it and watch the stain disappear. You may have to do this procedure twice for those really stubborn stains, but I have yet to find a product that removes oil stains like dawn.

It also does a great job of getting oil and grease off your hands after you are finished working on your bike. Just put some strait Dawn on your hands and work it in. Like the driveway procedure, you want to wait until last to get any water involved. After you done scrubbing simply rinse your hands and your ready to go.

Till Next Time................

2 comments:

Stuman714 in Indy said...

Another thing that works great for oil stains is 'Simple Green.' I mix it normal-about 1 part to 4-5 of water-and just spray it on and let it set. By the next rain, or driveway washdown it goes right away.
Great tip on the Dawn-I use that in the kitchen so I'll give it a try next time on the oil spots, too! Thanks!

Gymi said...

I haven't tried simple green for oil stains, I use it to clean about everything else though. Besides brake cleaner, Dawn is the only thing I've used that gets the oil out. I'll give simple green a try on my next oil spill.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...