Friday, April 2, 2010

The Old Isotoners

I’m not what you would call an all the gear all the time rider. But I am a some of the gear most of the time sort. I have a pair of Tour Rider brand gloves that I bought in 1989. I wear these gloves most every time I ride. They are also almost indestructible, but they are getting a little long in the tooth. They are twenty one years old after all, so I picked up a pair of new gloves recently. River Road Swindlers to be exact. I like my gloves on the lite side, I’m not big on the gauntlet style. So Curly is always calling my gloves Isotoners. I don't mind as long as I am comfortable and these gloves fit that bill. These Swindlers are perforated to keep you hands comfortable on those hot summer rides. The palms have a good amount of padding to lessen fatigue on those long rides. Like any new leather glove, they will need a good break in period before they will be able to replace the old Isotoners. Will they last twenty one years, only time and my riding skills will tell that tale. They are put together well, so I expect to be using them for years to come at any rate. I picked them up at Rider's Discount for less then twenty five bucks, so they are easy on the old wallet as well.


Till Next Time........................

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...